OK, I want to throw a First St. Café Fundraiser. What happens now?
- Contact us to set up your fundraiser. You'll need your organization's Tax I.D. number.
- We'll send you an e-mail confirmation for your event along with a customized Fundraiser flyer. You'll also be able to edit your flyer.
- Be sure to e-mail or hand out flyers to everyone you know (and even a few people you don't). Guests at your fundraiser must bring the flyers with them to First St. Cafe's in order for your organization to get credit for their purchases.
- Your charitable organization will earn a percentage of each sale when your flyer is presented to our server on the day of the event! So not only are you making people happy, you're also making money for your organization.
Your big fundraiser check will be issued 2-4 weeks after the event.
What kinds of organizations qualify to hold a First St. Cafe's Fundraiser?
Charitable organizations that are recognized by the government as tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. For more information about 501(c)(3) tax status, please visit www.irs.gov.
Organizations that may have taken part in First St. Cafe's Fundraisers include:
- Soccer Clubs
- Booster Clubs
- Boy Scouts
- Cheerleading Squads
- Church Groups
- Girl Scouts
- High School Sports Teams Little League Teams
- Parent Teacher Organizations
- Public Schools
- School Bands
- Senior Communities
- Student Councils
- Swim Teams
- Teams in Training
How does my organization earn money from this program?
20% of all sales (pre-tax) brought in by your fundraiser will be donated directly to your organization. A check will be issued 4-6 weeks after your event. Gift card purchases are not applicable toward fundraiser sales.
When can we hold our event?
When you call Mark to make your reservation, he will tell you about available dates at the First St. Cafe. This program is available on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. It is for the entire day, so it includes breakfast, lunch & dinner.
How does this work?
- You publicize your event ahead of time, by handing out customized flyers in person as well as via email.
- People attending your fundraiser bring their flyers with them, and present them to their server when ordering.
- Participating Fundraiser guests are required to present a valid fundraiser flyer with each order to receive credit for the fundraiser.
- Guests may receive credit for their meals whether they dine in or take food to go.
- Please note: Flyers may not be distributed inside First St. Cafe's, within 100 yards of First St. Cafe's, or in the First St. Cafe's parking area before or during your event. Thank you for understanding.
Why should I hold my fundraiser at First St. Cafe's?
It's easy to ask people to come to First St. Cafe — they love it as much as a sunny day. They can feel good about the food they eat and the contribution they'll make, too. First St. Cafe has helped hundreds of organizations, and now yours can benefit from this easy-to-organize program with generous rewards.
After you've reserved your Fundraiser with Mark, take these steps to create the biggest turnout and largest donation to your cause.
- Put a flyer in your organization's newsletter.
- Announce your First St. Cafe Fundraiser on your website, and add a link to a downloadable PDF of the flyer.
- Attach the flyer to an e-mail going out to the family, friends, office, etc.
- Call your local newspaper. They're always looking for information on charitable events in the community.
- Pass out flyers during large gatherings, group meetings, training sessions and area sporting events.
- Announce the fundraiser on the P.A. system at another local event.
- Share the details in your online invitations, such as Evite.
- Announce the event on your blog, Twitter, Facebook or MySpace page.
- Most important, cast a wide net. Talk to everybody. There are plenty of people who want to help. The more people that come to your Fundraiser, the more money your fund-lovin' organization will earn. And don't worry if everyone can't stay for their meal. They can order take-out if they prefer.